One thing I’m thankful for about my parents’ genes, especially my mom’s is my skin’s resistance to pimples/acne. It was never my big problem even during puberty. I only get zits whenever I’m stressed or hormonal but only very minimal. Although very minimal, I still find it hard to concentrate on what I’m doing whenever I have something on my face. Relate much? That’s why I still used various over-the-counter beauty products which are unfortunately ineffective if not damaging. However, as I grow older plus the fact that I love baking under the sun, my face gets a little dry. No breakouts but dry and unevenly toned. To date, facials and derma are still strangers to me so I just tried a package offered by my sis’ derma and it worked really well. But I’m a low-maintenance person eversince and I’d like to keep it that way, so derma package, derma rules and all other must-follow-daily-regimen are a no-no to me! Also, the price is too steep at Php 2,500.00 per package that would only last for about a month if you’re lucky. It’s not something you can stop for a while when you want your skin to rest and breathe and just use again. It dries up fast so you need to use it fast too. Fortunately, I was able to score some good samples from sampleroom which from now on will be staple to my skin-care regimen. The best things are, they’re affordable, could last for a long time, could be stored, easy-to-use, do not need to be used everyday and they are truly effective!
Facial creams make my skin an oil mine, big thanks to gel-based, oil-free products such as Celeteque Dermoscience’ Anti-Wrinkle Collagen with Hydrolyzed Collagen. I usually love anything with collagen just like the sunblock I use. I believe in its wonders for the skin. To be clear, I do not have (yet) wrinkles since I’m only 20 something but I already get some fine lines on the forehead and on other skin folds (like when you smile!) such as in the eye corners and sides of lips and they become more noticeable whenever I lose weight. For days, I used religiously the anti-wrinkle collagen gel from Celeteque Dermoscience in the morning before my sunblock and powder. I opted to stop (in the meantime) using my regular moisturizer since it already promised to serve as one. As for the results, I can say that it makes my skin CLEAR, SOFT and SUPPLE. I don’t get an oily or dry skin after application and very minimal during the day. It’s non-greasy as well upon use. I also get a cooling effect, which is well, “cool” and refreshing. And as we all know, no grease, no zits!
– it’s gel-based
– it’s effective. it makes my skin clear, supple and hydrated.
– it makes my skin firmer
– it’s widely available
– the pinkish gel is so inviting
Not so like:
– packaging is somewhat boring and scary like it’s for medication (UNILAB kasi, hihi)
– though much affordable compared to other branded products which offer same results, i still find the price quite costly.
The second product which is now a staple on my dresser is this new-found love Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Ex_. This is again a gel-type product (I’m beginning to love all gel-based products!) which promises intensive hydration, vitality, and brightening effect while restoring skin with deep relaxing effect. Indeed, it’s a very good moisturizer, antioxidant and very active in skin rejuvenation plus it makes my skin bright and glowing. It’s light blue color and patented sleepscent is surreal help for insomniacs. The I wonder what Snow Water Science it boasts is an interesting stuff too.
For direction per their official website:
1. In the evening, follow the face relaxing massage after applying skin refiner and emulsion after face wash. 2. After taking appropriate amount(2.5cm in diameter recommended), mark on nose tipe,cheeks,forehead, and chin areas, and feel the scent for about 3 seconds. * Relax your body and mind through the Sleepscent™. 3. Gently spread over the face from inner part to outer part along the skin texture. 4. Go to sleep after absorption without rinsing off. (Wash face in the next morning)
* Use once or twice a week.
* Apply more than recommended amount when your skin is particularly dry.
* Open the cap and breathe in the scent of Water Sleeping Pack_EX about 5 seconds before use when you feel a heavy stress.
* Apply to neck area for neck care.
– what else is more important, it’s effective
– hydrates, rejuvenates, brightens and clears my face
– improves quality of sleep and ease tired facial muscles
– easy to apply and non-oily, easy to dry-up
– perfect night care
– Snow Water Science (something unique and new!)
Not so likes:
– Availability, it has its own space on department stores of large malls
– price is Php 1,200.00 per 80 ml. Quite steep for me but I guess its worth it.
Here goes my skin care: I wash my face with a foaming cleanser (OLAY) and apply Laneige for a good night care. In the morning, I use Celeteque Anti-Wrinkle Collagen Gel, then a sunblock with collagen too. Then ready for powder/make-up. Perfect na. Once in a while, like once a week, I exfoliate with facial scrub or an exfoliant. For a natural exfoliant, I love using the mix of honey and sugar or oatmeal. Try Ilog Maria’s Facial Scrub!
I love being a low-maintenance girl. I think I’d like to keep it that way for the rest of my beautiful life. I’ll be sticking with these two for a long, long time! Happy Tuesdate!